From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms runtime 8.2 error 1

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi

I have two arrays with xy-plot data that I want so save to a tdms file and also write some further information about the plot. When I couldn't get this to work in a built executable I scaled down the problem and found that there was problem with LabView tdms and runtime engine. I can't write channel names when I’m saving channel data, it doesn't matter if I’m writing a group name or not.

I've attached two printscreens of my application; the top one doesn’t create any tdms-file after being compiled but works fine when I run it in LabView. The bottom application creates a file when I’m running it but results in a pop-up LabView error that shows a memory error (memory.cpp, line 342, LabView 8.2.1).

Code compiled in LabView 8.2.0.4002
Runtime engine 8.2

Is there any better solution for what I want to do? Or any solution of the runtime problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,841 Views)
Any LabView guru out there who can help me?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,822 Views)
Not sure what that might be. A good thing to try would be to compile and run using the same version, e.g. 8.2.1. Just in case there is some form of version conflict.

Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,817 Views)
Ok, I'll try that.

Do you know if anyone else has experience this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,814 Views)
Hi

I upgraded to LV 8.2.1.4002 and compiled it... And now it works, it seems that 8.2 had some conflict in tdms write with channel names.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,803 Views)
Actually, that rings a bell now. As far as I can recall, you'll also be fine if you pass an array of channel names (with just one element) into TDMS Write.
Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,788 Views)