LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms runtime 8.2 error 1

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi

I have two arrays with xy-plot data that I want so save to a tdms file and also write some further information about the plot. When I couldn't get this to work in a built executable I scaled down the problem and found that there was problem with LabView tdms and runtime engine. I can't write channel names when I’m saving channel data, it doesn't matter if I’m writing a group name or not.

I've attached two printscreens of my application; the top one doesn’t create any tdms-file after being compiled but works fine when I run it in LabView. The bottom application creates a file when I’m running it but results in a pop-up LabView error that shows a memory error (memory.cpp, line 342, LabView 8.2.1).

Code compiled in LabView 8.2.0.4002
Runtime engine 8.2

Is there any better solution for what I want to do? Or any solution of the runtime problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,852 Views)
Any LabView guru out there who can help me?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,833 Views)
Not sure what that might be. A good thing to try would be to compile and run using the same version, e.g. 8.2.1. Just in case there is some form of version conflict.

Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,828 Views)
Ok, I'll try that.

Do you know if anyone else has experience this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,825 Views)
Hi

I upgraded to LV 8.2.1.4002 and compiled it... And now it works, it seems that 8.2 had some conflict in tdms write with channel names.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,814 Views)
Actually, that rings a bell now. As far as I can recall, you'll also be fine if you pass an array of channel names (with just one element) into TDMS Write.
Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,799 Views)