LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storing data in .root format

Hi everyone!I'm using labview to get some measurements but the acquired data must be stored (or converted) as .root format for further processing to be done.Has anyone done anything similar to guide me? Alternativelly,I could use .tdms files but can i use them with linux?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,406 Views)

What is the .root format? As far as I know, NI still doesn't have functionality to read TDMS files on Linux machines from LabVIEW. I'm not 100% certain on this, though. As an alternative you could use .lvm files, which are just text files. I don't know if that's a viable format for you depending on how much data you have, and what progam is consuming the data. If it's not LabVIEW, then a simple text file written using the Write to Spreadsheet File may be the easiest solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,401 Views)

Yes,i've used text files in the past but now the size of the generated files wil be enormous with the amount of data i have to store.I don't know many details about .root format but it's supposed to be a C-based structure with arrays and cells,i've just started looking into it.

I have to find a way,the stored data to be as compact as possible and in a way that they can be easily converted to .root format..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,384 Views)

Do you have any documentation on this format?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,375 Views)

I only have this example but i don't know much about C++ so it doesn't make much sense to me...I'm searching the internet to find more information.I have to study a lot about this...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,365 Views)

That example is just a simple wrapper DLL for the actual library that reads/writes .root files, so it doesn't describe the format.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,357 Views)