LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound recording with duration

hi all ,

i have some trouble about sound recording function.

i want to have 30S duration of sound input recording and also , if the user click the finish button

the recording will be stopped even it is still have time for recording.

i have tried to use loop with timer to take the data for 1 second period .but it will show the error

is there any other method to perform this function ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,389 Views)

What is the error you are getting? please post your code so that it will be easy for us to debug and tell exactly where the problem is.

Thanks for your understanding,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,377 Views)

i have tried to use loop with timer to take the data for 1 second period .but it will show the error

is there any other method to perform this function ?

You are on the correct track here using a while loop and reading data in say 1 seconds interval. But try to skip the timer. Let the sound card do the timing details for you. Also use a larger buffer size for the sound card. You set the buffer size by the "number of samples/ch" control in the Sound Input Configure VI. Set this value to be at least 2 to 5 times larger than the "number of samples/ch" value used in the Sound Input Read VI. My guess is that you have a sound card buffer overflow problem.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,353 Views)