LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms send message VI Dialog box

Whenever I get an error using the SMS Send Message.vi I get a dialog box that disables my program unless I manually answer the prompt.  Can NI (or anybody else) please

1. Have an option to disable the dialog box
2. Unpassword protect the VI so I can do it myself
3. Give me some other option I missing.

Thank you
Robert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,179 Views)

Wire an Error Out indicator to the error-giving VI's error out terminal, thats all. Smiley Wink

It ll catch n hold the error for you, instead of popping an irritating dialog. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,163 Views)
Actually, I tried that.  I wired the error out indicator and attached it to the "wall" of a sequence frame.  That didn't work either.  It seems to me the dialog box is built inside the VI.

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,143 Views)

Hi Robert,

What is the error you are receiving?  Does it occur each time you run your application?

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,121 Views)
The error is: SMS send error.  I did not write down the error code but I know its a negative number.  The error occurs randomly.  When it occurs a dialog box halts the program until I manually press OK to acknowledge the errror.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,110 Views)

Hi Robert,

Have you tried wiring the error out cluster through the whole program, with shift registers between loop iterations, and using  PDA Error Handler.vi at the end, outside of the main loop?

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,084 Views)
Hi Jennifer:

That was my original software that created the dialog box on an sms send error.  Note I'm trying to eliminate the dialog box so now I do NOT wire the error cluster to any shift register or any error dialog VI.  As a matter of fact I took out any error dialog VI in my app.  It looks like there may be an internal error dialog VI embedded behind the password protected SEND SMS MESSAGE VI.

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,069 Views)

Hi Robert,

Since the Clear Errors VI is not available with a PDA application, you can use a case structure to clear errors instead.  Wire the error out of SMS Send Message to the case selector.  In the Error case place an error cluster constant (right click on error out and Create >> Constant) to pass through the remainder of your program.  For the No Error case, pass the error wire straight through. 

Message Edited by Jennifer_R on 02-04-2008 06:54 AM
Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,785 Views)