From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scroll bar for tabcontrol

Iam using Tabcontrol in my project.On tabcontrol Iam having lot of controls and indicators.The problem is I cannot see all the controls and indicators on a single screen i.e I should move the tabcontrol up and down.I would like to know wether can I attach scroll bar to the tabcontrol so that I can see all the controls and indicators by scrolling.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,360 Views)
One fix is to but your controls on a subpanel and then on the tab control, this would work but my real suggestion is to simplify the views. If you have so many controls on each tab, see if you can regroup them so you have more tabs and fewer controls. I have found that users prefer few controls and indicators visible at a time for easy-to-use GUIs. A much more complicated solution you could implement your own tab control scroll bar and programatically move controls on the scroll (labview slide control not a real window scroll) event. Still it is best to keep designs "as simple as possible without being to simple". Also I have never seen a scrollbar on a tabcontrol and such nonstandard GUI experiences are probably not suggested.
-Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 2 of 3
(3,354 Views)
Hi

I agree with what Paul wrote.

What I do if I have to many controls for a certain screen-size, I resize the controls and make them smaller. But just if the controls are for administrative functionality (e.g. manual controling of several digital output). But if the "normal" user has to operate, I even make bigger controls and less of them, so that it is easier for the user.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,348 Views)