LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

script force recompile 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to use the scripting built into LabVIEW 2010 to automatically instantiate a force recompile?

Before every build I ahve to force recompile my large project (3k vis) in parts. Having more than 2500 vis in memory, it only recompiles a very small percentage. Opening smaller VIs seperately appears to fully recompile correctly. I'd like to use the prebuild VI in the EXE build in the project to help automate this step.I've already automated finding activeX calls to 3rd party routines/dll's in VI's to run in the User Interface thread (single Thread) and this would greatly speed up our build procedure.

Thanks,

--Kevin

Kevin Shirey | CLA | Champion | Senior Project Engineer II | DMC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,391 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin.Shirey

Such a method does exist, but it is a private method.  I have confirmed that the method is stable and created a wrapper VI which contains it, which I attached below.  Note that since it is a private method, it may change in the future.  Let us know if you run into problems.

Message 2 of 3
(2,371 Views)

This solution works great! Especially the option to recompile the entire heirarchy! Very nicely done and easy to use.

If it had an option to show file progress, it'd be even better, but I'm quite happy having the ability for our build scripts.

Building an exe each week for beta testing used to be cumbersome, but now much easier. Many Thanks!

--Kevin

Kevin Shirey | CLA | Champion | Senior Project Engineer II | DMC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,361 Views)