LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen size after conversion to LabView 2011

Hi guys,

I've got a question that I'm sure I've seen a help topic on, but can't find it anymore.

I have converted a VI to 2011 from 8.5, but the vi that looked perfect on 8.5 now is not fitting into my screen on 2011.

How do I get the gauges/graphs to fit on the screen like I did on 8.5?  I've tried the scale when resizing windows etc with no success.

Thanks

Darren

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,681 Views)

Darren,

Can you attach screenshots of your VI in both versions?

SK

TailOfGon
Certified LabVIEW Architect 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,666 Views)

Did you also change PCs and/or operating systems when you did this?  Perhaps you have a different resolution between the monitors or operating system.  If you went from XP to Win7, and you used the LabVIEW fonts such as application, system, etc., you will see the fonts change, as LabVIEW links to system fonts in the user/desktop profile, and the defaults have changed.  Assuming default Windows settings, all your fonts be larger in Win 7 than they were in XP.  As mentioned by the other poster, posting scree captures would help.

Message 3 of 8
(2,660 Views)

Actually yes, there was a windows 7 swap at the same time.

Turns out, the solution was simpler than i thought.  The resolution of both systems was the same, so I was assuming that the front panel should look the same.

Turns out I had the font size set to "medium" in the display properties on Windows 7.  Switched the font size back to "small" and it looks fine again.

It's not ideal not being able to use the larger font size in every other application running on the LabView machine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,634 Views)

If it's only the programs front panel you can probably select all (ctrl+a) and select font (ctrl+0) and select a specific font instead of the Application font. That should disregard the windows setting (i think).

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,621 Views)

/Y,

a specific font might, on the other hand, have the risk that you will run into not-displayable symbols if the font is not installed on the target.

I concur that choosing a font delivered directly by Windows should be save, but are you sure that e.g. Win 7 Enterprise contains the very same fonts as e.g. Win7 Home Basic?

just my 2 cents,

Norbert

EDIT: And it makes a transition to other OS types like Linux even harder!

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,617 Views)

Very good points, Norbert. I however got the feeling this problem wasn't related to multiplatform GUI disparity. In HTML/XML you can place a list of fonts, in case they're missing. "Ariel, Helvetica" being a classic to look similar on most platforms, but you cant do that in LV, can you? 

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,599 Views)

Hello Yamaeda, 

Actually LabVIEW has some defaults fonts for the Application, System and Dialog Font depending on the platform you're working on. If LabVIEW can't find that particular font, it will then use the Application Font. Check this articles:

Porting VIs among Platforms

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/porting_among_platforms/

How do I set the Default Application Font, Dialog Font and System Font Size?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F9B8974821AFAF9C862578FF00519A52

What Happens if LabVIEW Cannot Find a Particular Font for a VI?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B9106029B7E13AD5862565FA00743376?OpenDocument

Have a good day!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,586 Views)