Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation toolkit how to access "title text" 1.1.3

Hi at all,

in LabView 8.5.1 with Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.2 I used the  "Generate Report Get Modified Data.vi" and "Generate Report Set Modified Data.vi" to modify the Report Title Text. In the Version 1.1.3 of the toolkit I found no method to access this property.

Is there anybody solved this problem?

Regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,707 Views)

Hi Nicolas,

which type of report do you want to create?

Mike

Message 2 of 6
(2,694 Views)

Mike,

I'm creating HTML reports.

...and I found an unaesthetic solution (thanks to my college):

immediately after I created a new report, I'm searching in while loop for the first report with empty Title Text using HTML Data global.vi (or anything else in the cluster) and the previous HTML Ref-num is the according report. Now I can set the property using HTML Data global.vi again.

I won't suggest this if you're creating reports at more than one place, but in my case I can't get a race condition.

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,668 Views)

Hi Nicolas,

i think you can also set it directly. If you go into the "New Report.vi" and switch to the "html" case you will find the "HTML Report Generation Message.vi" If you change it for your needs you can insert the title directly.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,663 Views)
of course you're right. But we are working in a team and don't want to change the installed VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,656 Views)

Hi Nicolas,

i understand it, but you can create a copy of this vi. You should always make a copy, if you want to change vi.lib vi´s.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,650 Views)