cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regular expression alarm url

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a problem with regular expression. I would like to filter only the name of a dsc alarm url: \\EW-MONITOR\monitor\000_t-ist_STB-M1-AS.Alarms.HI should be 000_t-ist_STB-M1-AS . Has somebody an hint for me?

Best Regards,

--
Joachim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,774 Views)

@Joachim082 wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with regular expression. I would like to filter only the name of a dsc alarm url: \\EW-MONITOR\monitor\000_t-ist_STB-M1-AS.Alarms.HI should be 000_t-ist_STB-M1-AS . Has somebody an hint for me?

Best Regards,

--
Joachim

What will be constant in the name?  Will it always be between "monitor/" and ".Alarms"?  Will the format always be "###_<some text>_<other text>"?

This will be easy once I know what to look for.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joachim082

If as jcarmody asked, the name will always be between "monitor\" and ".Alarms" use the sub match output of Match Regular Expression

regexp.png

It pulls out the alam name from the whole match.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,748 Views)

And, if the other option is true, this regexp will give you the name in the "whole match" output.

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Thanks, that works great for me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,727 Views)

Which one?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,725 Views)