LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading log files in lvm

Hi,

Does anyone know what I can do to have access to the data that is saved in the log file after I've done my simulation using Solidworks/Labview?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,291 Views)

Please give us some more information.

What does Solidworks have to do with LabVIEW?

You mention lvm files in your subject, but where does that come into play in your question?

Where are you creating this log file?  In Solidworks or LabVIEW?

In general, look in the File I/O palette to find the functions to open text files.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,276 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to control the motion of a solidworks model using Labview (NI SOFTMOTION). When I add the Solidworks Assembly to the project manager in Labview, I can then have access to the Assembly's properties by right clicking on it in the Labview project manager. A window named ''Assembly properties'' comes up (see attachment). At the bottom of that window there's a small space for ''data logging'' where I have to name the log file and choose if I want Labview to log the data or not. The data in log file, I think, are related to motion characteristics like velocities, acceleration and so on. The problem is that after simulation, I go to the location where I saved the file but I can't see what's in the file because its an ''lvm'' file and I don't know how to read the information in an ''lvm file''.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,257 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,256 Views)

Read From Measurement File.

You should always have the context help ope. If you had, as you moved your cursor over this on the file i/o palette, you would have seen that it reads .lvm files.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,248 Views)