LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-sample in a rectangular coordinate system from polar

Suppose we take the red point on the polar grid. When i convert it to Re & Im parts i get a number in rectangular grid, but this point is not actually present in the rectangular grid shown on right. This polar point was found by interpolating some points. How can i find a point in rectangulr grid then?

thanks

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,642 Views)

It is not clear to me what you mean by "How can i find a point in rectangulr grid then?". What is "find" in this context?

• If you have a 2D array and want to get an interpolated value at fractional indices, you could use bilinear (or higher) interpolation (see e.g. this old post for some ideas).
  • If you have an empty 2D array and want to populate it with values at fractional indices, you could fill the four nearest cells proportional to their distance to the fractional coordinates, similar to antialiasing.
Message Edited by altenbach on 03-10-2009 06:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,631 Views)

Hello altenbach

I am having a 2D array , say Array 1, which is in the polar grid.  I found this Array1 from another 2D array, ("Array2") by interpolation. Now I take some values from Array2 and need to find the corresponding values in the Array1. This is what i what.

I short i need to find the points in Array1 which i interpolated using the point i got by interpolation (Array2)

Message Edited by Nghtcrwlr on 03-10-2009 09:20 AM
Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,618 Views)

I need prgram Labview: convert Rectangular to polar.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,184 Views)