LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair the program"happening in both 2015 and 2016 version

when iam trying to open LabVIEW in my pc im getting a pop up like this  "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel to attempt to repair the program.". after seing this i opened  control panel but there is nothing related to LabVIEW in control panel.when i'am trying to re install the software it is showing te software is already installed.what should i do to overcome this problem?

Message 1 of 5
(2,442 Views)

In Control Panel, Programs and Features, look under National Instruments Software.  In my experience (about two dozen incidents), "Repair" almost never works, but "Remove all" followed by a careful Reinstall works almost always (note the "almost" -- twice the fix started with "Format C:, reinstall Windows 10, reinstall Office and other Programs, reinstall LabVIEW", but both times that worked!).

When reinstalling, be patient.  Install the oldest version first.  Install only the modules and toolkits you need.  Reboot.  Install later version(s), rebooting between installs.  The final step is to install the Device Drivers corresponding to the last LabVIEW Version installed.  Resist the temptation to install newer drivers, or to install updates for newer versions of LabVIEW.  If you can avoid the NI Package Manager (introduced in LabVIEW 2017), I would recommend doing so (you give up installing LabVIEW NXG).  Oh, if you don't need the Very Large Memory model of LabVIEW 64-bit, I would recommend installing (only) LabVIEW 32-bit.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 5
(2,423 Views)

There is no file related to National Instruments file in my control panel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,409 Views)

How are you trying to start LabVIEW?  Are you double-clicking on a LabVIEW Icon on the Desktop, or in the Start Menu?  It appears that LabVIEW is not installed on your system.  If a program has not been installed on a PC, it is very difficult to run it without first installing it ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,403 Views)