LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Missing" VI Not Really Missing

Strange corruption of VI; never saw it before.  I open this VI in LV 2018, and it's fine:

w18.png

But when I open in in LV 2019, it claims a VI is missing:

w19.png

But the "Missing" VI file is exactly where LV2019 claims it was looking for it.  Just resaving with LV 2018 fixed it.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(769 Views)

Is that just a normal VI or is it a VIM? I don't know why a VIM would have that issue anyway, just wondering.

Also, does force recompiling the VI fix the link?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(743 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Is that just a normal VI or is it a VIM? I don't know why a VIM would have that issue anyway, just wondering.

Also, does force recompiling the VI fix the link?

It is a .vim.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(740 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

It is a .vim.

Good icon design when you can look at it and guess that the input is probably polymorphic.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(736 Views)

This might be related to Bug 87639: "Malleable VIs don't migrate well in LV2019".

It looks like a force recompile might fix this but the cause and potential fixes/workarounds aren't super clear to me unfortunately. The person who reported it thought it had to do with specific FPGA configurations which aren't relevant to you but the reported behavior of moving from 2018 to 2019 and having the .vim callers open up as broken does sound very similar to what you're seeing.

Message 5 of 6
(721 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

This might be related to Bug 87639: "Malleable VIs don't migrate well in LV2019".

It looks like a force recompile might fix this but the cause and potential fixes/workarounds aren't super clear to me unfortunately. The person who reported it thought it had to do with specific FPGA configurations which aren't relevant to you but the reported behavior of moving from 2018 to 2019 and having the .vim callers open up as broken does sound very similar to what you're seeing.

Maybe you didn't notice the last line of my original post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(693 Views)