LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with running a program under Labview 8.6

Hello,

I am writing you this to ask for your technical support to fix the problem I am facing at our Lab at University of California, Irvine.

Ms. Vanessa Trujillo has kindly come to our lab a couple of times and tried different things to resolve the issue, but unfortunately the issue is not resolved yet. Here is a summary of the problem:

We used to use Labview 6.1 for our fatigue testing and data acquisition.

Our

program worked just fine under the 6.1 version We recently upgraded our software to Labview 8.6. We have also purchased a new computer that has higher capacity than what your website requires for Labview 8.6. The new computer has Windows Vista We transferred our old program/subprograms from the old computer under Labview

6.1 to the new computer with labview 8.6. However our program that worked fine with the 6.1 version is not working with the updated version (ver 8.6).

There

are 6 errors in the error list. It appears there are six files of my program missing under the new version, even though we transferred all files.

The software searches for those files but can't find them.

For example one the box pops up indicates:

loading:

<vlib>:\Daq\lvdaq.dll

searching:

C:\Program Files\National Instrument\LabVIEW 8.6\instr.lib\Agilent34401\public\utility

I get several message like this. I have to cancel/ignore them all to be able to open the program.

When we go to VI's under Measurement I/O there is nothing (empty).

We use a PCI-MIO-16XE-50 for our data acquisition During Labview installation on the new computer, I was asked if I wanted to install the device drivers. I had two options, "Now" or "Later", I picked Now but I didn't have the DVD's/CD's for the device drivers. Therefore I had to select later to complete my software installation Later after Labview 8.6 installation, we installed the device drivers (traditional Ni DAQ and Ni DAQmx) from the two old CD's we had in our lab from a couple of years ago (the CD's were Ni DAQ 7). after installation, the PCI board on the computer was recognized by the device driver. However we still could not run our program under the new version of Labview (same situation and the same messages) I called 1-866-275-6964 on 9/2/08 and talked to Grant (service number:

1228841). He recommended that I download and install the updated version of device drivers.

Since I didn't have the DVD/CD for updated device drivers, I contacted Vanessa Trujillo. She gave me the DVD for the updated Ni DAQ (Traditional and mx).

But

when I tried to install the updated device drivers I got a message something like "some unsupported filed have been detected,..." so the updated device

drivers were not installed. It should be noted that up to here we still had the Ni DAQ (traditional and mx) installed on the computer from our old CD's (Ni DAQ 7).

Vanessa and I talked to Tom at the technical support department. He recommended that we download and install the Beta xx version for Ni DAQ since we were using Windows Vista. Mike put the Beta software on the Ni website/outgoing so I could download and install it. He asked me to uninstall the traditional Ni DAQ that we had on our computer from the older CD's. He

asked me not to un-install the Ni DAQmx (that we had installed from the old

CD). I was able to download the Beta software, however I could not install it since I got a similar message that some unsupported files were detected.

Right now we don't have any version of traditional Ni DAQ installed on the

computer but the NI DAQmx (from old Ni DAQ 7) is still installed on the computer. Vanessa let me borrow her new Ni DAQ DVD but as I explained I am not able to install the device drivers.

Vanessa - Did I miss anything?

Please advise. My cell number is 619-778-2033. I will be at our lab at UC,

Irvine at 2:00pm (CA/Pacific time). Please call if you have any questions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,256 Views)

To me, it looks like you are missing some of the drivers and subVI's used in your program.
Whatever device you are using to measure fatigue or any other device probably came with a driver.

You need all of these drivers installed on this new computer.

Also, any subVI's and libraries you use in the program must also be installed on the new computer.

Whenever you get a message that says you are missing some component (the ones that you said you press 'ignore'),
see if you can find that library or subVI on the older computer. If so, save it to something so you can transfer them to the new computer. 

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,252 Views)