Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem clearing a task

Hello,

Thanks to a few of the members here, I am able to control the opening and closing of two digital water nozzles with DAQ hardware timing.

The way the application works is basically a 2-D array of boolean values is created based on the desired period and high time.  The nozzle will open when the boolean value is true while it closes when the boolean value is false.

The only problem remain is that if the application stops when the last boolean value is "true", the water nozzle will remain open indefinitely.  I believe that I am not using "clear Task" correctly.  This is the most obvious when i set the high time = period so that the duty cycle is 100%. this way the array contain only "true" values.  No matter how i stop the application, the nozzles won't turn off.

I have attached the application here and let me know if there are something wrong with the way I am ending the tasks.

I tried to keep this brief so if there are something I'm missing please ask.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,025 Views)

With outputs, they will always retain the last value sent to them.  Clearing the task does not reset them.

What you will need to do is write a set of all Falses to the task before you clear the task and end the program.

By the way, your use of the select function does nothing.  (If true select true, if false select false).  You can use the wire as is and eliminate the Select function and the true and false constants.Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 09-09-2008 02:12 PM
Message 2 of 3
(2,024 Views)

hehe thanks for pointing out the redundancy.  I will try to work it out with your suggestions and if I run into some difficulties i will have to consult you again 😃

thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,994 Views)