From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal macro

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

I would like to open a macro from PERSONAL.xlsb to manipulate some data from a TDMS file that's imported in Excel (via the import add in for TDMS files). Everything should go automatically, but the problem with the import add in for TDMS files in excel is that it always opens a new excel sheet.

Therefore i've made a macro in a personal working space, this file is placed in :C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

These macro's can be openend in every worksheet, but i'm having trouble to open this type of personal macro's, i always get a error saying that the macro isn't aviable or that it's turned off. I've modified the options in Excel for macros security to "All macro's turned on", and still it doesn't want to open it.

I'm using Labview 2010 and Excel 2010, the files are in the attachment, if you want to try the programe the path's have to be modified.

Does anyone knows a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,485 Views)

Hello dries_vdstr,

It seems that the PERSONAL.xlsb workbook is not automaticaly loaded when Excel is opened with ActiveX.

A simple solution is to open the PERSONAL woorkbook manualy. See the attached VI. 

Disclaimer: The example Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,428 Views)

Hey cedhoc,

Thank your for your solution but unfortunaly i can't open the attachment because i have Labview 2010.

Would you please attache i new VI that works on labview 2010?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dries_vdstr

Sorry for that!

Is it better now?

Disclaimer: The example Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,418 Views)

Thank you!!!

It works perfect!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,412 Views)

Is there any way to get this Labview 8.5 compatible?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,378 Views)

I down-converted it to 8.5 version.

Disclaimer: The Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Cédric | NI Belgium
Message 7 of 7
(2,347 Views)