LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni daq installation

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a project made up with a simulated USB6211 device and the code is running ok.  So I went into the project explorer and created an exe file with the real device and then an install file.  On creating the install file and the exe file I noticed nowhere was there a choice to select anything like a dependancy for the other files in the project and no where is there any mention of installing device drivers or even the MAX tasks that were created to run this code.  Since this installation will probably be installed on another computer without LabVIEW installed on it I wonder if there will be any problems with running the installlation on this machine using this DAQmx device, or do I have to install MAX or the device drivers seperately along with the installer or does this get done automatically behind the scene by the installer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,947 Views)

Where did you look when you created the installer? There is the Additional Installers category that lists drivers such as LabVIEW and DAQmx runtimes and the Hardware Configuration category where you can include tasks from MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cuthbert

I guess it wasn't such a silly question to ask now that I got your reply! So it looks like I have to check NI Measurement & Automation Explorer and the NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.5 in addtion to the NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2011 SP1 which is already checked to make this a real installer even on a machine that that does not have LabVIEW already installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,938 Views)