LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to labview

I am trying to create a program that when a press a button attached to the digital input a virtual LED on screen lights up.  I thought I could place an LED in the output inside the while loop but apparently that is wrong.  I am slightly lost being somewhat new.  I use Labview 8.5.1 and an sbRIO 9631.  Any help in the right direction will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,757 Views)

Anything outside of a while loop won't get written to until the while loop finishes (assuming the data is coming from inside the while loop.

I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,739 Views)
here is a simple led button example:
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,728 Views)

mnky9800n wrote:
I thought I could place an LED in the output inside the while loop but apparently that is wrong. 

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Is the LED inside or outside the loop?

@Harold: Never ever create a while loop without having a small delay in there, unless you like to heat up your CPU. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,711 Views)

lol sorry Iforgot to add a delay it was just a simple exp.

my b:)

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,701 Views)

NO NEED OF LOOPS AND ALL..... JUZ CREATE ONE BUTTON AND LED S ENOUGH AND CONNECT IT  AND FROM THT U CHANGE PRESSING OPTIONS BY MECHANICAL ACTIONS VALUE( RIGHT CLICK ON BUTTON U LL GET IT....)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,662 Views)

Hi 9943248202,

no need to cry out loud in the forum...

Well the original poster talked about a sbRIO and to connect a button to the digital input... How should your hint help?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,658 Views)

9943248202 wrote:

NO NEED OF LOOPS AND ALL.....

Sure... if you use the Run Continuously button, which is not the proper way to do it. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,648 Views)

GerdW wrote:

Hi 9943248202,

no need to cry out loud in the forum...

I do not think 9943248202 meant to cry out load. But 9943248202 should not eat or drink then working with computers. The keys can get sticky like the Caps Lock key are now. So perhaps 9943248202 should get a new keyboard.

Anyway the Run Continuously buttons a debugging tool. I use it a lot then testing small code segments. If you make an application it should never be based to run with the Run Continuously button 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,628 Views)