LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple USB cameras in Labview

Hi I understand that NI had not supported multiple USB cameras as of 2008.  Is this still the case?  Is there any way I can get two webcams to work on Labview simultaneously?  This is a stereo vision project.

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Puya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 47
(33,411 Views)

Hi Puya,

if you work on a Windows platform, then you can use the Windows driver to use two or more webcams at the same time.

For more information about it, see this search results please.

Mike

Message 2 of 47
(33,368 Views)

Thanks for your response Mike.  I had a look at the posts you listed and also downloaded McArthurs program.  It worked for one camera.  i still dont understand how I can make it see two cams.  There seems to be no provision in the VI to select a particular camera when you have more than one attached.

Thanks.

Puya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 47
(33,346 Views)

Hi Puya,

you can call the entire process two times. Select the other camera before calling it the second time. You can use the SendMessage function to show a dialoag, where you can select the other camera.

Mike

Message 4 of 47
(33,331 Views)

THanks Mike.  I'll give that a go and see what happens.  It would be best to programmatically select the camera rather than have a pop up prompting the user but at this stage ill be happy with anything that works!  Thanks again.

Puya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 47
(33,286 Views)

Hi everyone,

I tried to get more then one video from diferents webcams, with the program of kangkang, but i dont know how to program that part to select the source webcam. I just know that this has to do after choose "windows WDM image capture", cos this webcams drivers work with this WDM.

Somebody has the solution of this problem?

my regards..
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 47
(33,161 Views)

Hi Marzero0,

i can later post an example.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 47
(33,146 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

Thanx a lot, ill been waiting for that example!

😃

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 47
(33,142 Views)

Hi Marzero0,

attached you will find the example. Start the WebCam.example03.vi. The first dialog to select the webcam will be forced, the second comes automatically.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 9 of 47
(33,129 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

Thanx a lot for the example, it works gr8!! but i had to put the choose webcam option to the second process, otherwise appears a black window.

Now im trying to use the "web server" tool with this example, to use it in a remote way (first try -> doesnt work). If anybody can help it will be great! Thanx again MikeS81.

Marzero0

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 47
(33,100 Views)