LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

level control in a spherical tank

Hi,

I hav to  control level in spherical tank.how to find  transfer function for this system,bcoz i hav to simulate the system using transfer function.simulation using PID and fuzzy is required.should i find transfer function only through open loop test bcoz wen i tried using that,i didnt get exact output ie the system didnt settle at all. if u hav any idea regarding this,pls help me.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,072 Views)

You would do it the same way you would with a tank of any shape. The only difference is that you are dealing with the volume of a sphere rather than a cylinder or rectangle. Hence the amount of fluid required to raise the level by X is non-linear in that it varies with how much stuff is already in the tank - which is a function of the volume of a sphere (actually the volume of a partial sphere).

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 5
(4,029 Views)

Hi,

I'm new to lab view..Pl suggest me a proper mathematical expression or equations for controlling level in a spherical tank and help me in its implementation in labview...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,547 Views)

Hi,

even when you're new to LabVIEW it should be no problem to grab a math book of your choice to look for the correct formula for calculation of tank volume... When you found that formula and still have problems in making that into LabVIEW please ask again!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,541 Views)

i did mathematical modelling for level  in spherical tank and got the open loop response.. but the non linear response has no delay time in it..  what should be the fault ?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,929 Views)