LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legend on graph

hai,

there are 40 thermocouple inputs to my labview via agilent data logger. i have selection radio button to select and view particular input channels. the selection of channels will change time to time. at this moment, i am using graph legend to identify the channels which is very hard. is that possible to display the channel input name along the graph. here i have attached code for view.

siva5577
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,853 Views)

I have always disliked the LV graph legend and often make my own versions for projects.  This is very easy if you use event driven (handle the events of the new legend structure like value change) and pass the changes to alter the graph's property nodes.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 2 of 8
(2,839 Views)

paul

Could show me an example please

siva5577

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,836 Views)

Here is a very crude example:

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Message 4 of 8
(2,829 Views)
HI! Paul,
How did you created the cluster for Channel names? It copies the contents automatically , although I don't see it set as typedef.

Thanks,
SW
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,821 Views)
They are grouped.Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,810 Views)
Yes I grouped them and used transparancies simply as a method of controling their looks.  It is an array of clusters, where the cluster provides the channel attributes name, visible and color.  I did not use a typedef only because this is a crude proof of concept example and I didnt want to heve to include any subvis or support files.  I would howerer suggest using typedefs probably one for the array called ledgend and another for the channel cluster (possible a strict typedef to allow for simple passing of changes in the look of the ledgend).

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Message 7 of 8
(2,800 Views)
Thanks Paul!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,776 Views)