LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview drivers for Prisma QMS

Hi,

I'm looking for labview drivers for the Prisma Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
from Pfeiffer Vacuum. If possible also a simple rest gas analysis (RGA) VI.
Can anyone help?

Hans Rosink
Message 1 of 95
(11,446 Views)
Hans

We are also searching for a driver for the Prisma 200. Have you found one or maybe even written one?

Mike McWilliams
Message 2 of 95
(11,081 Views)
have you solved the problem of driver for QMS?? i have a Prisma QMS 200 and i find driver for 8.5 or later but the search on the web fail for this instrument...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 95
(10,639 Views)

Hi

We are using the QMS 200 extensively in our company and we control it with labview.

But there were no drivers available so be made som vi's for controlling the QMS 200 via the serial port ourselves.

If you are interested in some fundamental communication vi's please let me know.

We are using the binary communication mode of QMG200 (Prisma Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer) and QMG422 which is from the communication side nearly the same.

Currently we are in the developement of the communication part (OPC communication with Softing .NET dll and LV 8.6.1) for the new Prisma+ QMG220 and the Hi Quad QMG700

Gernot

Gernot Hanel
IONICON Analytik Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Message 4 of 95
(10,501 Views)

i have a same problem with QMG 220 and i find't a driver for Labview.. were you find a ddl toolkit?

tank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 95
(10,296 Views)

There is no driver available as the qmg220 uses OPC communication you can use labviews build in OPC functions.

But the problem is that the "normal" labview OPC functions using datasoket are a little bit limited and when you need to adress many OPC items it may crash.

Therefore NI is producing the LABVIEW DSC module which is avialable for extra money and with the main problem that you are not able to build stand alone applications without any extra licencing costs. Which makes problems if you want to sell your software or add it to the instrument you sell.

On the other side the DSC module is a little bit to powerfule for the communication with the QMG220.

Because of these arguments we decideed to use a OPC developement toolkit from Softing . 

We started with the .NET developement but there4 was a reasonable memeory leak in Labview when using .NET event callbacks.

This has been solved with Labview 2009f2 and up versions.

Up to now we have made our communication with the Softing ActiveX control within labview.

Now we are on the  point to switch bak to .NET. 

When try the OPC connectivity from any third party opc API vendor and you are using a remote OPC from labview please tonst forget to add the line.

ole.AuthnLevel = 1 to your labview.ini file. 

Hope this gives you a first overview.

We are not planning to build a easy to use driver for the QMG220 but we build a lot of vi's to control some functions and collect the data.

Best regards

Gernot 

Gernot Hanel
Message 6 of 95
(10,294 Views)

Hi,

We have a requirement to communicate with a Prismaplus mass spectrometer.

From the above discussion its clear that we can use LabVIEW DSC and OPC clients to communicate with the instrument.

Is there any way to simulate a QMG OPC Server, so that we can test the code without the actual instrument.

Regards,

MIRASH

Coding is a combination of intelligent and creative work - someone
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 95
(10,249 Views)

Hi all

If you install the original software (Quadera) there is a local OPC server to simulate the whole instrument. This OPC server is installed by default by the quadera software.

Here is view of the Simulation OPC server:

You can use it to test your applications.

Best regards

Gernot 

Message Edited by notti on 03-24-2010 01:39 PM
Gernot Hanel
Download All
Message 8 of 95
(10,242 Views)

HI,

Its a great infomation.

Today I dont habe the Quadera software with me. I am expecting it to come tomorrow.

I will install it and try the local OPC server.

Thanks !!

Mirash

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 95
(10,223 Views)

Hi all..

Thanks for the information.

I am successful in Communicating with my Simulated Mass Spectrometer.

I have another doubt on that.

Do I need to Purchase a separate OPC Server to Communicate in actual scenario?

Is that the OPC Server run in the instrument or it has to be in the PC? 

Thanks and Regards,

Mirash 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 95
(9,956 Views)