LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is how can I calculate how many transitions are inside an array?

Solved!
Go to solution

Let’s assume that we have an array of 582 elements. Some of them are above 4 and some of them are below 1,let’s also say that values who are above 4 are equal to True (1) and the values below 1 are equal to False (0). The question is how can I calculate how many transitions are inside the array from 1 to 0?How many peaks I have? Can please someone suggest a code solution for that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,754 Views)

OpenG toolkit has a function called "Boolean Trigger" that can help you.

here's how it works.

Example_VI_BD.png

hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 8
(2,739 Views)

It looks bit challenging I have tried an Example but am not sure how good it works.

Frequency_array.png

Good Luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,737 Views)

P Anand no this not helped., iwant to calculate how many transitions i have from 1 to zero and zero to 1,that's i want to find.i am trying to downloan the toolkit the friend mention to see how it works.Any other solutions please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,725 Views)

The example I gave in my previous post works on an array of boolean, as I understand you have an array of numeric so you'll have to add some threshold value so it works.

What I suggest is that you try to implement it and if it doesn't work exactly as you wish, post it here and we'll help you to fix it.$

good luck

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,718 Views)

If you only care about actual transitions and not the type of them, I'm a fan of the simple XOR.

Count Transitions.png

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(2,714 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtathatos

Yes I have tested the one before now I have tested it I guess this should work. Check it.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,707 Views)

Quite simple.

Norbert

EDIT: Hehe, just seen that it is indeed very comparable to crossrulz' approach 😉

EDIT 2: Adding improved example

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,704 Views)