LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive pull down inputs

Hi,

I am trying to automated a Wi-Fi board. Some of its inputs (pull down selections, e.g Params Value) are dependent to other inputs ( Combo iw,  e.g iwlist/iwconfig). How to have some inputs values depend on the others before executing the vi interactively. In another words, each iwlist or iwconfig is going to have different pull down menu (case).

Thanks,

Rostam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,171 Views)

How to have some inputs values depend on the others before executing the vi interactively. 

You can't change your controls dynamically if the VI isn't running.  Your VI should be running (While loop) in order to evaluate changes in your inputs (use User Event Structure in a loop parallel with your main code... or within an Idle state of a state machine).  For each Value Change event which is important, run the appropriate code to change the list items of your other controls (Enums, Rings, Combo Boxes).  After setting all inputs, the user will then click a button to perform your Wi-Fi board tasks.

If you use two loops running in parallel, make sure to properly end both loops when stopping the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,166 Views)

You need to use the property node to get to these values. You can use the strings as an input to change the values the show inside of the ring value. So you could set the first ring and have that fill in the other rings based on the first one and so on.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,147 Views)

I actually made a VI specifically for updating the items in a combobox.  It also has the capability that if the current value is not a valid one (not in the new list of allowed values) that it will update to the first item and signal the Event Structure to handle it's value changing.  This can be used to cause a chain-reaction to update all of your comboboxes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(2,139 Views)

Would you share your code with me?  Thanks

Rostam

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,093 Views)

He did share it with you. The picture that was attached is a snippet. If you save it to your desktop you can drop it into LabVIEW and the code will appear. It is LabVIEW magic.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,088 Views)

@Rostam7 wrote:

Would you share your code with me?

That snippet was made in LabVIEW 2016, so you will need 2016 or newer in order to use the snippet.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,078 Views)