From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image concatination

Hi,

I was facing a real big problem with respect to image concatination. i have multiple 8 bit images, containing only 0 and 255. i have to concatinate these images to get a single image. the resultant image must have the colour of the 255 value line preserved. on tring many ideas, i observed that at the points where these traces intersect i could not control the colour. please advice. Also the draw flatened pixmap function in LV7 had a picture input and image data input. if i wired a picture to it and sent additional data to it i got only the picture from the image data input, whereas the old image is lost. Any reason y this happens.

Ankur
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,647 Views)
Can you post your code and include some test images if possible?
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,633 Views)
hi randall

Here is a VI and some files. the file curve.zip contain a set of curves which i acquire in labview, convert them to a 1bit image and set the curve colour to the user requirement. then i take these images out and then convert the bit info to 0,1 multiply this by the image number (0 being background and 1 holding the curve number) this is then or'ed with the subsequent arrays and passed. the problem i face is when the curve no 1 and 2 intersect. the oring gives a value of 3 and the information on that reigion is diffrent fron 1 or 2. so what do i do?

Ankur
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,620 Views)
hi randall

Here is a VI and some files. the file curve.zip contain a set of curves which i acquire in labview, convert them to a 1bit image and set the curve colour to the user requirement. then i take these images out and then convert the bit info to 0,1 multiply this by the image number (0 being background and 1 holding the curve number) this is then or'ed with the subsequent arrays and passed. the problem i face is when the curve no 1 and 2 intersect. the oring gives a value of 3 and the information on that reigion is diffrent fron 1 or 2. so what do i do?

Ankur
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,618 Views)
here is the images
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,617 Views)
Well, first you are not ORing the images you are ANDing the images. Second if you want binary output, why do you convert to [0,1] and then multiply by the image number. When you use integers, the binary functions work on the all of the bytes so that a value of 1 is b00000001 and a value of 2 ix b00000010 is if you OR them together you get b00000011. If you still need to multiply by the image number then after you are done do a compare with any number greater than zero set equal to one.

I have attached a modified file. Is this the output you want.

By the way, this would not be considered concatination but could be called overlaying. Concatination is connecting them at the edges but keeping each separate. Is this what you want to do?
Randall Pursley
Message 6 of 6
(2,607 Views)