From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to programmatically check the error messages of a broken vi using labview scripting

hi Folks,

I'm basically trying to write some code which checks for broken vis in a folder and show the error in the broken vis. i got the part which detects broken vis but cant get the part which shows the error in the broken vi. is there a way to detect this? greatly appreciate the help. 

-S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,506 Views)

getvierrs.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 2 of 13
(4,449 Views)

Out of curiosity, what does the 'Call Dangerously?' parameter do? I like to live dangerously, I can't help but feel like I would need to set it to true in all instances! (Like having a button that says 'Do not push'!!) Smiley LOL

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 13
(4,440 Views)

geh.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,432 Views)

i cant seem to find this method for some reason. is there something that needs to be done?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,424 Views)

You can just drag the snipet onto a block diagram.

Or add these to LabVIEW.ini:

SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True
SuperPrivateSpecialStuff=TRUE
SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,402 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

Like having a button that says 'Do not push'!!

button.png

BTW the LabVIEW Wiki has been down for some time so I can't look it up, but is there actually a difference in those 3 INI keys?  The only one I know of that actually does something is the SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff which enables private methods, properties, and adds a few new events in the event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,396 Views)

I think some of them were for earlier versions of LV.  I haven't really kept track of them, I just keep them all turned on (plus some others).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,391 Views)

Here's your unpushable boolean:

unpush.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,383 Views)

Paul,

that worked. thanks a lot. have a question though. is this invoke node part of scripting? I see that one of the variables had scripting in it.

also, i need to mass deploy this on many machines and so would have to add these variables on the ini files of all the machines ( which can be done) . but wanted to know if there was any other way to do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,377 Views)