LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to measure heart rate

Hello friends,

I am unable to find heart rate and HRV.  I am finding an error in calculation here as i am getting negative values, can some one correct my vi here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,271 Views)
You will need to tell us exactly what the problem is. Isolate the problem in your code and then post the VIs with a good description of where things are going wrong, the values you are expecting and the values that you are getting.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,256 Views)

Hi Adnan,

thanks for replying, i am trying to measure heart rate and HRV from capacitive coupled ECG. After peak detection I need to calculate the no of heart beats per min and then find the distance between two R-R peaks(HRV) and display them. I think some where the calculation of heart beat is going wrong. I need to count the heart rate say for a minute, if any of the peaks are missing then it has to take the last peak into consideration and then go ahead and display this result at the end.

Normal heart beats are around 70-90 beats/min, but here i am getting all the negative readings which are wrong. I have attached two data samples 1 and 2 which are my CCECG samples, and one more conventional (Real ecg) sample.

I followed this article for implementing this algorithm and unable to find the heart rate at the end. I have used adaptive filtering to filter out the noises as my data samples were very noisy.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5832

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,239 Views)
Your problem is a debugging problem. You are doing some strange array concatenationSmiley Wink

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,232 Views)
It would be really great if you can correct me as I am a begineer in labview.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,226 Views)
I guess a breakpoint and some probes should do the job. Here is a primer in debugging. http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1695. Hint trace the HR data at different locations

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,218 Views)

I actually tried to implement this using (LMS) filter but it went completely wrong. So I have attached my new vi here  (hrv.zip) where in i have to find time and frequency domain parameters as mentioned in the article http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5832

kindly guide me to find these parameters, I dont know if my vi is working fine here.

Message Edited by infra444 on 01-27-2009 10:20 AM
Message 7 of 8
(5,215 Views)
your last program is much better. One kudos from meSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,204 Views)