From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display analog channels during a continuous acquisition, what type of Waveform used, Chart or Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

I use Labview 8.5. and the device NI USB 6210.

I like to display analog channels during continuous acquisitions.

I can use Waveform chart or Waveform graph. Waveform chart allows to mange a history buffer. This function is very interresting and useful for my system but I cannot change this value by programmation (if i don't make error!). Thus, I was wondering if I also can use Waveform graph but I don't how to do a circular buffer to replace the function "history buffer". I have to use waveform like data type.

What is the best solution to resolve my issue? I 'd like to know if my solution is good (use waveform graph) and if someone have a solution to do a efficient circular buffer with waveform data type?

Thanks in advance, Regards, Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author daniel_blanzat
There is an example that ships with LabVIEW called "XY Chart". It shows you how to create a history buffer for an XY graph. The history size can be changed on the fly. You can adapt the "XY Chart Buffer" VI to work with a waveform datatype. That datatype consists of just 3 elements: start time, delta t, and array of values.The only thing you would be buffering is the array of values.
Message 2 of 2
(2,348 Views)