From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting and saving numerical and string historical data

Using the dsc, I'm logging both numerical and string data to the citadel database. Now I'm trying to extract and save that data to file. LabVIew has separate vi's to extract numerical data and to extract string data. However, there appears to be no VI that saves string data extracted from the Citadel database to file. I really need to save the extracted numerical and string data to the same file. However, I'd accept saving the string data to a different file. Does anyone know how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,681 Views)

Hi,

You can use the File I/O functions to create the file. First you'll need to unbundle the String data into its components -- Timestamp and Value. Then from the timestamp get the Date and Time (using 'Get Date/Time String VI). Concatenate all these and write to the file.

I am attaching a VI which demos this. Of course this is just for demo purposes.. and doesn't do any error checking, etc.

Rgds,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,681 Views)