LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event casae select

Hi all

this is my question
 I set a event to handle user manul, under thta event, I set a case selection to handle three cases, but in top of case select, how can I select all the select under user manul, only select is true or false. I connected item tag to case selector

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,899 Views)
Hi jimlipu,
it´s really difficult to understand what you mean. You can change the text in the case structure to what you need. If you connect an enum you can write the text from the enum values and if you connect a boolean, then you have true and false.

Can you upload your vi, or a picture of it?

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,893 Views)
I don't understand your question.  I think your usage of the English language is getting in the way of getting a clear question across.

Please rewrite your question again.  Also, post an example VI that shows what you are trying to do.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,892 Views)

thank you all for reply

what I mean is when I put a case select in that event(menu selection (User)), that case select should allow me to choose from items under that user menu, but I can only choose true or false.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,884 Views)
Hi jimlipu,
do you mean like this? You can resize the list. Smiley Happy

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,879 Views)

Hi Mike

Can you teach me how to picture my screen, just like you did, so I can post my question

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,868 Views)
Hi jimlipu,
create a screenshot and save it as PNG or jpg. If you have it you can add it as attachment.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,859 Views)
You are wiring a string to a case selector. When you do so the cases will be "True" and "False". These can be changed to whatever you want by double-clicking in the white area and typing the value to match. Since it is a string there is no automatic setting of the case values. If you connect an enum to the case selector you get the case items to be automatically labeled.

To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the tutorial(s) and look over the material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,849 Views)
hope this time you can get it
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,846 Views)
We do, and it's exactly like I said. You have a string. Simply double-click on the case item names and enter the item tags that should match that particular case. There is no automatic selection of possible values for a string, even if it's coming from a menu. As far as the case structure is concerned, it just sees a string.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,828 Views)