LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when opening LV: color.cpp, line 663

Has anyone come across this? The program starts, but when I try to open a vi (even a blank vi) the program crashes and come up with this error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,113 Views)

Hi NatO,

From the information provided, I cannot determine the cause of the issue.  I would recommend choosing the Investigate Now option the next time you get this error.  This will send an e-mail to National Instruments technical support along with the error log file which may help narrow the problem.

From my understanding, you are opening LabVIEW from the Start»Programs»National Instruments»LabVIEW.  Once you've opened LabVIEW, you go to File»New VI.  This causes the program to crash and this error to display.  Is this correct?  The reason I’m a bit puzzled by this is because these cpp errors are suppose to be displayed at the start of LabVIEW.  If the previous LabVIEW session that was closed experienced an error, the cpp message should be displayed right when LabVIEW is started again.  Can you please verify these steps or clarify if I have misunderstood?

If LabVIEW is unusable, I would recommend sending in the error log file with the Investigate Now Option, then uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW.  Hopefully this will correct the issue so that you can begin using LabVIEW again.  With the error log file you send in though, we may be able to determine the cause of the issue so you can prevent it in the future.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,106 Views)