From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable%2Fdisable button in block diagram

Hi,

I am writing a program in LabVIEW 2012 where I want a certain button on the front panel to be diabled until another button is pressed. My question is; how do I enable a certain button from within the block diagram?

Thanks

Quinn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,986 Views)

Right-click on the terminal that represents the button you want to enable/disable and choose create --> property node.  You'll see a property for "Disabled."  Between what I've told you and the help associated with the property node, you should have to knowledge to use it.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,983 Views)

Thank you! I was confused by it only being called "disable," didn't know it could enable as well! Excellent!

What if I wanted to disable a large number of controls after a button has been pressed. Is there an easy way to make a property node affect many controls, not just one?

Thanks again,

Quinn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,970 Views)