LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data logging got problem with error 85

its seem everytime i tried to run there is error 85 on the scan of strings.

i scanning a text delimated to a gui, im stuck tried so many ways in the forum. plz help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,531 Views)

Have a look at what the error code says. It says that the string format does not match what you are trying to select from it. So the two points to looks at are the format string that you are using and the string that is being presented to the scan from string.

You will want to use the Highlight Execution (Lightbulb button in the block diagram) and probe (right-click line and select probe).

Also, you may want to drop the time between loops down from 1Second per loop. If you are going to do 40000 loops thats about 11 hours waiting for your program to complete.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you made the second one by accident.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,520 Views)

hey they thanks yup i upload the second vi by accident. the error code stated is that input string does not contain data in the expected format. i dont the understand the probe part as when i 'right click' i cant right click. or the error comes from my text delimited format.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,509 Views)
Did you right click before running the VI?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,505 Views)

olay i tried it it shows string not executed. btw im nem with labview.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,496 Views)

When you have the probe window up try running the VI with the Lightbulb lit up. You should be able to see the data flowing along the wires. When you get to the string entering the scan from string compare the string that is entering to what you are trying to read from the string.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,492 Views)

i dunnoe or dun understand what u mean trying to read from string..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,471 Views)

Your file doesn't have seconds in the data, but you are trying to extract seconds.  Get rid of the last ":%d" in your format and it should work just fine.  Or if you want to make it a lot more efficient, use "%<%m/%d/%y %H:%M>T" as your format and you will get a timestamp out.

I went ahead and did some cleaning up as well.  You have a lot happening in your parsing that was just unnecessary.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 13
(2,452 Views)

to crossrulz ,

thanks alot with the vi u send ive realised use way simplified which good. but i still can run it. it show an error of "
LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @."  when i run it..

im using the same file.

Thanks aot it advance appreciate it much

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,413 Views)

im sorry i can't run your vi.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,409 Views)