From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste VI blocks from one VI to another VI becomes a picture/image, why?

i am trying to copy and paste VI blocks from one VI program to another. but when i paste them, they become pictures/image format.... i can't connect any lines to any terminals on the pasted Vi blocks.... what is happening please??

i look forward to hear from you. thank you for your kind attention.

Regards,
tmnt007
LabVIEW 8.2, WinXP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,239 Views)
Could it be you're trying to copy from one LV version to another??

Shane
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,232 Views)
Could you list the exact steps you go through to produce the problem?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,202 Views)
A second guess could be if you're trying to copy code which is not supported in your version of LV (for example the Event structure in basic version).  I know that editing is allowed, but not creation.

Perhaps this is your problem?

Which LV version (number - 8.2, 7.1... and licence - basic, full, professional...) do you have?

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,191 Views)
Hi shoneill and mikeporter,

thank you both for your concerns and enquiries...

For some reason, i can't reproduce the error i had, and now i can copy and paste the VIs as usual......

maybe the restart on LabVIEW helped...

Take care.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,156 Views)

I think I saw something simlar when I was debugging an executable and tried to paste the code into the development environment.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,138 Views)

This happened to me as well. I found out that I had the VI open in a 2nd instance of Labview. So I couldn't copy from a VI running in one instance of Labview to another instance of Labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,492 Views)
Same questions as 7 years ago.

"Could you list the exact steps you go through to produce the problem?"

And a couple of new ones: what OS and what version of LabVIEW?

Mike...

PS: For future reference, post that simply say, "Ooh, Ooh, me too, me too" are seldom helpful.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,459 Views)

I faced with the same problem as well. One VI was run as admin, but another one not. That was the reason in my case that after copy/paste code appeared as image

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,518 Views)