From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert variant data to native LabVIEW data

Hi all,

a Q out of couriosity:
I'd love to find a generic way to convert variant data to generic LabVIEW data. Any ideas?

Background:
I am trying to create a kind of generic debug tool, that can be placed somewhere into a VI hierarchy and loggs data about the execution of its immediate caller, the main of the call chain and - here comes in the need for that conversion tool - of any 'watches', e.g. values of controls in VIs. This would help to keep track of driver configurations and where changes came from etc.
I did this for some specific datatypes, e.g. error clusters and a typedef, but support for generic datatypes would be great.

TIA for any responses!
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,348 Views)
You can convert it to generic XML string...

Regards,

Wiebe.

"LuI" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1147696812382-365090@exchange.ni.com...
Hi all, a Q out of couriosity:I'd love to find a generic way to convert variant data to generic LabVIEW data. Any ideas?Background:I am trying to create a kind of generic debug tool, that can be placed somewhere into a VI hierarchy and loggs data about the execution of its immediate caller, the main of the call chain and - here comes in the need for that conversion tool - of any 'watches', e.g. values of controls in VIs. This would help to keep track of driver configurations and where changes came from etc.I did this for some specific datatypes, e.g. error clusters and a typedef, but support for generic datatypes would be great.TIA for any responses!Greetings from Germany!-- Uwe&nbsp;
Message 2 of 3
(2,341 Views)
Thanx, Wiebe.

I was pointed to this by someone else. Allthough this works quite well for documentation purposes, it is not that  generic that I envisioned.  At the moment I think about a kind of polymorphic conversion VI, but it might take quite a while or may be even out of reach for me...

Thanx, anyway!
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,339 Views)