Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control mi vi in my computer server

Hello people i make a project where i will control mi vi in labview 8.0 ( have a runtime engine, Visa real time), but the control must be throught internet because i can to control a temperature (by a serial port and code with VISA real time) for this problem i made a solution like this:

I didn´t want to use a web server wher my vi will be saty in a server of a Labview (all people in this forum said:"Use web server create in lab view")far away from me!!.

And I choose other solution like this:I became my Pc into a server with WINDOWS 2000 ADVANCE SERVER and whit this software my pc is a server, then i installed LABVIE 8.0 aand finally I made a tests for example i sent  message saying :"hello" when I entered to the page like this: HTTP://201.240.92.57/INDEX.HTML  it was OKOK!.

Then i thought :"If i made a direction for mi VI for example:controlPID.vi for monitoring ancontrol mi PID it was good idea!!, after that i converted my project into a executable : TOOLS>>>>> BUILD EXECUTABLE , and create a control "PID.lvproject"

With this solution i thought again and said:"with this executable i could entered throught internet and i could control and monitoring (I was happy)" and for this propose i made a direction : HTTP://201.240.92.57/controlPID.lvproj, then i will go to the internet cabin (next to my house) and with entusiasmic  entered to this page and on the screen of the PC only could watch the code (i attach that i watched)

Why i can see mi Vi ??? why i only watched a code?? Somebody have an answer?? or a solution??

Please help me but common said me a solution with this system: I have a PC like a sever (software runs in my computer is Windows 2000 advance server) and the i want to control and monitoring in real time with VISA, throught internet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,050 Views)
I forgot the image that i warchet, Please again give a viable solutionn!!!

thanks i wait all the day your answer because if this project results OK i will die happy!!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,043 Views)
1. If you want a single user but remote operation,
then choose vnc server...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,037 Views)
In none of the responses to your earlier question did anyone say you had to setup a a computer 'far away from you'. All you had to do was enable the built-in web server in LabVIEW and run it where it was. You might have problems running under windows server as that os is not supported. Is the LabVIEW web server running on the host? The URL that points to a LabVIEW project is not correct. It should point to the html file. Did you install the LabVIEW run-time on the client? When you ran the web publishing tool, did you select the option to preview in browser? Did it appear when you ran it locally? Is the executable actually running on the server? I have not run an executable with the web server but I have seen posts about this and certain options that need to be set in order to for an exe to work. You should search the forum for this topic.
Message 4 of 8
(3,025 Views)

I thought nando 666 you need other program for remote control Smiley Wink

Mensaje editado por HHHG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,000 Views)

Thanks but my idea was OK i installed other program for remote control and the remote control is good now i work good try to probe my idea its OK now i can monitoring my control to my university.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,992 Views)

what other program for remote did you install?

jacques

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,981 Views)
OK is a simple program named desktop remote and you can enter to the server obviously the server is yourcomputer try

Message 8 of 8
(2,949 Views)