LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting two terminals of different types

Hey, 

I am new at this labview stuff, and I am stuck trying to figure this problem out. Are there any converter items or type converter that will help me convert a "type of the source in automation reference class" (activeX) to a "type of the sink is file path"(File I/O).

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,520 Views)

It would help if you could post your VI that you are having difficulty with. Based on what types you provided doesn't sound like something that will work together. But seeing the code would go a long way in seeing what you are trying to do.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,517 Views)

Your automation reference is sourced from a file path to begin with.  Can't you just use that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,513 Views)

Mark, 

here I have attached my VI.

thanks for looking into this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,504 Views)

Yea, that won't work.  If you are just wanting to write to a text file, give it one.  I'm not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish with the range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,496 Views)

As you know I am struggling with the writing data to excel with a specific actions that satisfy my needs. The activeX has everything except for the delimiter, and the labview's "write to spreadsheet file" VI has a working delimiter. So I was trying to incorporate the two together. 

Sorry if that sounds abit stupid.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,490 Views)

As already stated you can't do what you are trying to do. What specifically do you need from Excel that you can't do with a simple CSV file? You can always read a CSV into Excel and manipulate the data with all that nice spreadsheet stuff once you have the data in the worksheet. I don't think you have to do all the Excel work in LabVIEW.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,488 Views)

So I have a VI that save it into a (.csv) file, but for some odd reason my string doesn't delimits when it sees a comma. can you take a look at this VI and see what went wrong?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,453 Views)

Your Array to SpreadSheet String function is removing your delimiter before writing to the file.

Edit: Forget what I said, I was looking at the data wrong.  I'll have another look.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,441 Views)

@boodmiester wrote:

...but for some odd reason my string doesn't delimits when it sees a comma. can you take a look at this VI and see what went wrong?

Thanks, 

What do you mean by this statement?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,436 Views)