cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting Labview with X310

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have Labview 2018 connecting to USRP X310 with 10 Gig ethernet cable. I have some queries:

1. It is necessary to update the firmware and FPGA image of X310 if I only want to use X310 as a transceiver (not using  FPGA).

2. I have installed the latest NI-USRP driver and it creates usrp_x310_fpga_HG.bit, usrp_x310_fpga_HG.lvbitx, usrp_x310_fpga_XG.bit, and usrp_x310_fpga_XG.lvbitx files but not firmware files. So, if it is necessary to update both images, which files are to be used for loading? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,517 Views)

Hi A87,

If you want to use X310 as a transceiver without the customized FPGA image, you need to install the proper FPGA image file to USRP X310. You should use the file extension of ".lvbitx" for NI-USRP driver.

The difference between HG and XG is how to use two SFP+ ports.

Refer to the following Ettus Knowledge webpage: X300/X310

--> The USRP X300/X310 provide three interface options – 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1 GigE), 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GigE), and PCI-Express (PCIe). The PCIe interface is always available regardless of what FPGA image is loaded. Ettus ships two FPGA image variants, the HG or HGS image which has one 1 GigE interfaces and one 10 GigE interfaces, and the XG image which has two 10 GigE interfaces. Generally, Ettus Research recommends using 10 GigE to achieve the maximum throughput available from the USRP X300/X310.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,486 Views)

Hi Chan82,

Thanks. I have another problem.

When I connect USRP X310 with LabVIEW 2018. Configuration Utility shows that  UPDATE NEEDED under the image status. Under device, it shows ***x300 (my device is x310). So which version of FPGA is to be loaded into USRP? Please see the attachment for configuration utility window.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,479 Views)

Hi all,

I have USRP X310 connected with LabVIEW 2018 using 10G Ethernet cable. I have some queries:

1. The IP address of the USRP is automatically detected by NI-USRP Configuration Utility as 192.168.40.2 with changing the IP address of the host PC as 192.168.40.1. However when I ping, the command prompt window shows host unreachable as seen in Pic 1.

2. The IP address of the USRP is automatically detected by NI-USRP Configuration Utility as 192.168.40.2 without changing the IP address of the host PC. However when I ping, the command prompt window shows Requested time out as seen in Pic 2.

Why did these happen?

Pic 1 and 2 is attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by A87

Hi A87,

Did you update USRP firmware or bitfile for the NI-USRP driver?

Type/Revision information on NI-USRP Configuration utility means you need to update the proper FPGA image.

If your USRP image is right, Type/Revision will be USRP-294x or USRP-295x.

Could you try to install usrp_x310_fpga_HG.lvbitx image?

How to connect USRP to the host system?

For IP configuration on the Host, try to change Default gateway and DNS server information are blanked.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,464 Views)

Hi Chan82,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Now it's also working.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,459 Views)