From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check box

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have made a prog for data acquisition over ethernet and sending the same data over ethernet network to multiple  IP's Now i want to add a check box to my program so that i will be able to select the adresses(IP's) to whom i want to send my data.Pease help me out. I have attached my VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Nepla
Right click in front panel, go to System>>Boolean>>System Check box.
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 11
(3,097 Views)

Sir, My problem is how to use that check box, if u can guide with some example it will be very help ful

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,056 Views)

Hi Nepla,

-Please see the image attached here.

-I've created one check box and when it is selected  i am displaying the message, else nothing.

-You can replicate the same for number of similar boolean controls.

Thanks
uday
Message 4 of 11
(3,041 Views)

Your question is confusing because in your VI, you have no ip addresses and you are not doing any writes/sending at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,037 Views)

Sir Im attaching theVI again .There are 2 Check box selection for two Tx-IP1 and Tx-IP2 (Transmitting UDP ).These 2 Transmiiting UDP should forward thd the data (to selected adress) if i select them in the corresponding "check boxes".The two chech boxes are unwired in the block diagram(I need ur help to wire them).

Thanx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,014 Views)

Why don't you simply place the UDP Write inside a case structure with the checkbox wired to the selector?

Message 7 of 11
(3,008 Views)

Thanx a lot ....... Its done 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,997 Views)
-The code looks very complex and cluttered.
-LabVIEW works on dataflow model, in your case data flows in all directions (not good sign).
-Please redo the code so that it is readable.
-Coming to the problem, did you understand my previous code??
-One way is to have case structure(Or by using event structures) for Tx-IP1 and Tx-IP2 whose case selectors are connected from your checkbox output.
-If you don't understand dataflow model, then it is very difficult to help you to make connect these wires.
Thanks
uday
Message 9 of 11
(2,994 Views)

Yeah i have done it .It was pretty simple (of course after ur suggestion of case statement).Regarding my labview code , Im only receiving data from two UDP (2 while loop) and retransmitting those data to two Tx_IPs and in berween Im displaying some data that is of importance to me . May be my block diagram looks cluttered since i have not cleaned up the block diagram.

One more question can i use a case structure within/inside a case structure

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,983 Views)