Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect RT target in LabView project

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

I use LabView Real Time 8.5 on a Desktop PC. I see the target in MAX in which I can change the network settings of the target and use the FTP without problem. But it's impossible to connect the target in a LabView project.
The Log error of the target says :
####
#Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2008 3:04:29 AM
#OSName: PharLap
#OSVers: 13.0
#AppName: PH_EXEC
#Version: 8.5
#AppKind: AppLib
#AppModDate: 06/09/2008 06:55 GMT

LVRT.DLL load address: 0x003EE000

Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

Message 1 of 4
(3,097 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the National Instruments forum.

Have you checked if all the softwares a well installed on your target? In MAX, you explained that you can see you PXI target, so may you click on the software menu:

and then click on the "Add/Remove software" button to install all the softawres on your target. (It's recommanded to previously uninstall those already on the target).

After this checking and/or install, does it work?

Regards,

Message Edité par Jérémy Marliot le 06-09-2008 01:38 PM
Jérémy M. | LinkedIn - Contact
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,081 Views)
Yes, I've started from a formatted disk with no software installed. Then I've installed only LabView Real Time and the Ethernet Drivers on the target. I precise that it's not a PXI but a Desktop PC. I precise too that I 've a dual core, and if I install the module for multiples core processors, there is a bog when LabView RT initializes the network connection, and it reboots automatically. So I let it in simple core...

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mbaudot

Hello everybody.

The problem is solved ! The reason of my problem is that LabView RT 8.5.0 does not support more than 2GB RAM installed on the computer, like it's describe in this document. 
Adjusting my RAM to GB permits the things that were not possible before :
- to connect the target in a LabView Project and deploy some code.
- to active the multiple core processor in the BIOS of the machine

I precise that removing the USB keyboard is useful. Indeed with my keyboard plugged, when I install additional software like VISA Server for example, MAX do not recognize the target automatically, I have to add it manually specifying the IP address, and I cannot connect the target in a LV Project.
Unplug the USB keyboard (and all other devices) solve this problem.

Have a nice day...

Message 4 of 4
(3,041 Views)