LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build specifications gone

I have the same problem with 8.5 and Vista.  My Build specifications are often lost when the following happens:  labview crashes, I move the startup files, at least what I think cause the crashes.  The build specs cant remember several of the settings, Startup and vi inclustions, the icon goes to default and a few other settings, The build name and distination paths do not get lost.  it is fgrustrating having to re-do work.  Is There any way of saving the build specs out of a project as a backup and then re-importing them if lost?

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(644 Views)
Hi Paul,

Once LabVIEW crashes, are you using autorecover to recover your project file? If you are, then your issue resembles CAR 4ENAG200. From the known issues for 8.5 document:

Build Specification Source Files Configuration and other LabVIEW Project Properties May Be Lost When Autorecovering a LabVIEW Project File. When recovering a LabVIEW Project file using the Autorecovery tool, the configuration of the Source Files page of Build Specifications will be lost as well as some other LabVIEW Project properties (i.e. conditional disable symbols).

Workaround—Don't use autosave-recovered projects if they contain build specifications or other LabVIEW project properties.

What leads you to conclude that the startup files are causing the crash?

If you are not using autorecover and are still getting the issue, this is NOT a known issue. Please let me know
  • How often this happens?
  • Are you getting this even with simple projects (with any project that you create)?
  • Does this happen on any other computers
  • Does it happen with only one particular VI?
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(617 Views)

Thanks i will be migratinh from 8.5 to 8.51 very soon.  I will not autorecover the project file after crashes.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(586 Views)