LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alarm message

hi all,,

here I've got a monitoring design and I tried to add a subVI displaying a message for the user in case one of the limitations have exceeded. the problem is that I couldn't get the desired result, I mean the message is supposed to be displayed without effecting the running VI thus the system will keep monitoring as if the message didn't appeare, and ofcourse the message will dissappeare since the OK button is pressed.

Here I will attach the whole system and the subvi in seperate files.

hint:The message will appear in the same time the LED gets ON.

Sincerely,
Fahad
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,322 Views)

Hi Fahad,

This is a common scenario - I don't know if there's a "best" solution!

One approach is to have another (external) loop executing on your diagram - waiting for an occurance or notifier.  Put the dialog logic in THAT loop, and simply invoke the notifier when the range-error occurs.  Have the "dialog-loop" set a Local-boolean, and check the local in your main loop.

Simpler might be to use VI-server to Open a VI (set the VI to run-when-opened) and put a simple two-button dialog there.  This "dialog-VI" will run independently.  When the user answers the dialog,  set a global-boolean accordingly and check the global in your main loop.

I know this is over-kiil, but a seperate thread might not be necessary with a VI which would run in two modes.  In mode1 it checks a boolean input and, if True (indicating out-of-range) opens its own Front-Panel - presenting a stop-button -  then terminates!  In mode2 it simply reports the state of its stop-button.  So the VI would be passed range results in mode1, and polled, in mode2 to see if stop is pressed.

sorry for all the choices - it's late. Smiley Happy
When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
Message 2 of 3
(2,310 Views)
Thanks alot Dynamik

I really appreciate ur help

best regards
fahad
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,274 Views)