LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ai 16xe external sampling "switch" alternatives

I would appreciate suggestions on any method to use an external "on/off" switch to control the AI samples collected using a DAQCard AI-16XE-50 and labview 6.1  The sample rate varies at a very low  rate (approx. 2 or 3 samples per second max.).  I have a "debouncing" Maxim 6816 IC in an analog switch circuit that outputs a TTL level digital output. How could it be used to control the sampling rate in a vi such as  Cont Acq&Graph (buffered) D Trig.vi.   It need to repeated start and stop the  sampling and graphing within the routine. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,141 Views)
I was just wondering if opening another AI channel to monitor the voltage change on a normally open single pole single throw external switch would be a poosible solution.  The problem is that the DaqCard AI-16XE-50 doesn't have any analog triggering modes.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,134 Views)

Hi checking,

Opening another AI channel to monitor the voltage change on a normally open single pole single throw external switch is a possible solution.  You could then create a software trigger based on the change.

Regards,

David

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

David
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Digital Multimeters
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,090 Views)