From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ai 16xe external sampling "switch" alternatives

I would appreciate suggestions on any method to use an external "on/off" switch to control the AI samples collected using a DAQCard AI-16XE-50 and labview 6.1  The sample rate varies at a very low  rate (approx. 2 or 3 samples per second max.).  I have a "debouncing" Maxim 6816 IC in an analog switch circuit that outputs a TTL level digital output. How could it be used to control the sampling rate in a vi such as  Cont Acq&Graph (buffered) D Trig.vi.   It need to repeated start and stop the  sampling and graphing within the routine. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,152 Views)
I was just wondering if opening another AI channel to monitor the voltage change on a normally open single pole single throw external switch would be a poosible solution.  The problem is that the DaqCard AI-16XE-50 doesn't have any analog triggering modes.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,145 Views)

Hi checking,

Opening another AI channel to monitor the voltage change on a normally open single pole single throw external switch is a possible solution.  You could then create a software trigger based on the change.

Regards,

David

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

David
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Digital Multimeters
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,101 Views)