LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agvisa32.dll is missing

Solved!
Go to solution

When I attemp to load my main VI which uses AgM918x.dll I get the following error

"The program can't start becasue agvisa32.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I tried reinstalling the run-time engine but that didn't help.  

I replaced a AgM918XAResources.dll in system32 by mistake with one from the test station and think it may have caused the issue. 

Any ideas how I get labVIEW to stop telling me it is missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,549 Views)
Is this an IVI driver? What sort of physical connection to the instrument? What run-time are you talking about?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,540 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back.

The run-time is NIVISA541runtime, I should have mentioned that somelse had this issue and posted that installing NIVISA541runtime fixed it.

The driver was in the system32 folder.

There is no physical connection on my PC where I intend to do the development.  100 miles away, it is in a PXI rack.  

The pop up displays when I open the VI, I'm not even running it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,523 Views)
But what is agm918x? That has nothing to do with NI hardware or software. What did you use to install this in the first place?

Of course you would get the popup when opening a VI with a missing dll.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,518 Views)

agm918x is a PXI multimeter.

When a dll is missing I have always got  a popup such as below:eg.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SeanJ
That is not an NI instrument so you probably need to reinstall its driver from wherever you got it.

You have a problem with one of the dependencies of the driver dll.
Message 6 of 7
(5,503 Views)

Neither of the instruments are NI.  One gives the normal dll error and the first gives the really weird error.

System Error.png

Unfortunately, I can't reinstall it as it won't work in win 8 so I had to try and copy it piecemeal and hence the reason it crashed when I replaced AgM918XAResources.dll.  I thought this was a LaBVIEW issue but looks like I was wrong.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,499 Views)