From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing properties of characters in a string

Hello,

I am trying to access the property of selected fonts inside a string. But apparently, the whole string receives that peroperty. For ex, I want to make one character bold, but the whole string becomes bold. I want to change the font of one character into symbol font, but the whole string switches to symbol. I have attached two vi s here. one is from ni, another I have made based on the ni vi. In my vi, I am trying to change the Ö into a sqrt symbol. In NI vi ,(array_of_clusters_properties), I am trying to make the first character bold.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,557 Views)

Missed attachments. Here they are.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,550 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,544 Views)

Hi,

that is what i have demonstrated in second vi. it doesnt seem to work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,419 Views)

First of all, you need to select the text before applying font properties.

array_of_clusters_properties[1]_BD.png  should be format.png

I'm not sure what else you're trying to do.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 10
(3,413 Views)

Hi Jim,

that too does not seem to work. the property gets applied to the entire string. there has to be some other way of doing this. pls see the attached vi.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,358 Views)

Hi pcs,

the problem seems to be the requirement of universal properties for all array elements. When you run your VI in highlight mode you will notice the change of the font for a short period of time - just to be resetted soon after. With a scalar cluster the same procedure works!

You should change your cluster to contain 2 strings: first one for the procentage value, second one for the unit. Just set that 2nd string once to a fixed value and you're done...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,348 Views)

Hi Gerd,

thanks for your suggestion.

but i was thinking, splitting each string into two clusters and then binding them together and then setting property and then putting all of them into one cluster is too much coding. is there a smarter and simpler way of doing this? some font which has symbols as well as alphabets may be? or disabling universal property? 

as a matter of fact, as a newbie in labview, i have not been able to implement what you suggested either. Smiley Sad

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,304 Views)

Hi pcs,

what is a "universal property" you like to disable?

Simple rule: in an array all elements share the same properties, they only differ in value.

Hint:

You can enable some basic unicode support in LabVIEW. (But be warned: this is just basic and not supported very well.) Just search the forum for more information on that topic...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 9 of 10
(3,265 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for the suggestion. I ll try in that direction.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,241 Views)