From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph size

Help me please!
I read 2D array from text file and display result on XY graph.
All is good, BUT... It is necessary to deduce result in different accuracy and different signatures of axes... If I change quantity of displayed signs the size of display area change to another 😞
If I fix it (through Property Node) the display area doesn't change, but the size of the object change to another...
How to get rid of this effect?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,570 Views)
Forgot to say... LV 6.0, Win 98
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,559 Views)

@prog wrote:
It is necessary to deduce result in different accuracy and different signatures of axes... If I change quantity of displayed signs the size of display area change to another ...
How to get rid of this effect?

Is your problem that the graph plot area is changing with the width of the scale values?

If yes, for LV6.0 the following KnowledgeBase item may help:
Accounting for the Shifting Y Axis in Graphs and Charts.
Things changed from LV6.1 on.
=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,556 Views)
In addition to Donald's comments, there is another possible solution : you can programmatically define the width of the Y scale, by playing with the digit number. As shown in the attached jpeg, you can decide of the overall number of digits, then read the max value of the Y axis and set programmaticaly the axis format.
In LV7, it is also possible to pad the scale labels with spaces, but I never could use this possibility programmatically.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,542 Views)