LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing in sensor calibration data to my virtual channels in MAX using Labview.

System consists of a few pxi6713 cards, a 6527 digital input card and some scxi cards (1520, 1104c, 1125).

Every 3months or so we run a calibration on the testing stand which uses these cards, and the sensor ranges and physical ranges listed in MAX has to be manually entered each time.

I am looking for a way to do this automatically.  This may be a problem, but we are using NI-DAQ legacy (perhaps if absolutely necessary we could goto daqmx).

I have figured out howto read virtual channel information from max correctly, but I have no understanding of trying to write calibration information to the virtual channels.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jacob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,410 Views)
Hi mak90,

There are no ways to change the sensor range and physical ranges programmatically in Traditional DAQ. Under DAQmx, you have Scaling VIs, Calibration VIs, Task VIs that allow you to change various settings in MAX programmatically.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Nathan Yang
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,399 Views)

Well, that is what I have heard.

Unfortunately transitioning to DaqMX is far too big of a task considering how much we've written with traditional DAQ.

I have heard of some 'backdoor' way to update these scaling values, is there a .dll file which  MAX accesses when its scaling values are updated, can't i just jump on that dll file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,392 Views)
I do not know of any "backdoor" way to update the scaling values. If it was possible, we do not support it nor recommend it.

Otherwise, we can help you find a workaround.

Please keep in touch!

Regards,

Nathan Yang
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,385 Views)