From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing data from a table into a spreadsheet file

I've managed to figure out putting a table on the screen for user in put (I think  I made it more difficult for myself than it actually was) and I can have LabVIEW convert the data into a spreadsheet string and display that for me.  Now I'd like to send the data entered into the table out as a tab-delimited text file.  What's holding me up at the moment is that not all the data in the table is numeric.  I've got four columns, the first of which will hold an 8- or 9-digit serial number, presently starting with 0.  Columns 2-4 will be numeric (integer) information.  What's the proper way to get my table data into this tab-delimited text file?
Thank you for your help.
-Dan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,314 Views)
You can use a for loop to auto index or you can use the index array in a while loop to sepaerate each of the lines.  I attached a block diagram that shows both methods and what format they will output in.  It should get you started.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,306 Views)

Hi,

The attached example shows how table content is convert to spreadsheet string for storing, as well as converting read spreadsheet string to table data for displaying.

Hope this is useful 🙂

Regards,

Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,293 Views)

Tremendous help.  Thanks, friends, for the gif and the example!

-Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,287 Views)